Relocation: Moving to Charleston SC
Moving to Charleston SC - Relocating to Charleston Guide
BUYING A HOME |
SELLING A HOME |
CHARLESTON MLS | CHARLESTON
We're Here for You!
We're thrilled you've decided to buy a home, and we're here to help you along the way!
return to Charleston Relocation homepage
Your realtor is filled with extensive knowledge of the industry and is your best tool for answers and advice.
Road Map to your move:
12 Weeks before moving
- Contract with a mover or truck rental company
- Create a "move file" to keep track of estimates. Receipts, and other important information
- Check with the IRS to see what expenses can be deducted on your next tax return
8 Weeks before moving
- Purchase moving boxes and packing supplies
- Call your insurance agent to notify them of your move and arrange insurance for your new home.
- Prepare a mailing list of people will need your change of address
- Start researching your new community
6 Weeks before moving
- Make arrangements for storage if necessary
- Arrange for school, veterinarian, medical, and dental records to be transferred and ask for referrals to these in your new neighborhood
- Get copies of any legal and financial records
- Subscribe to the newspaper in your new town
4 Weeks before moving
- Fill out post office & IRS change of address forms and notify creditors of change of address
- Schedule a yard sale or donate unwanted items
- Start packing items you don't use often
- Get an itemized list of all moving related costs and review with your mover
- Contact utility companies to disconnect, transfer,or connect services. Check for refunds.
- Call your newspaper, lawn services, etc. and set a date to cancel or transfer your service.
2 Weeks before moving
- Confirm movers and/or truck rental reservations
- Plan meals for the week before you move
- Assemble a folder of important information about the house for the new owner of your home.
1 Week before moving
- Arrange for help on moving clay
- Pack an "essentials" box with things you will need right away. Reserve boxes for "last load" items.
- Drain all gas and oil from your mower and grill
- Empty, defrost, and clean your refrigerator
- Notify friends and family of your new address
On Moving Day ...
You will do a final walk through of the home with your realtor to make sure everything is as expected and all belongings have been removed.
Isle of Palms
(Wild Dunes), Edisto Island,
Wadmalaw Island and
Charleston homes for sale
return to Charleston Real Estate home
Any questions? If you have any questions about
Mt. Pleasant / Charleston
Real Estate Market trends, we have a comprehensive report,
produced periodically, that we can send you.
Please contact a
Charleston real estate agent, with any other questions about Charleston
Please contact us with any other questions about Charleston in
Hurricane Preparedness Guide
© Copyright 2018 Carolina One - Realtor ® Ariel Trouche