List your home
THE LEADERS IN INNOVATIVE
MARKETING AND BUYER PROCUREMENT STRATEGIES:
The Leaders in Luxury Real
High traffic internet sites include
CharlestonAddress.com, Trulia.com, Zillow.com and luxuryrealestate.com
SEO and sponsor status links on Google and Yahoo | Targeted direct mail | Local
and national print venues
BUYING A HOME |
SELLING A HOME |
CHARLESTON MLS | CHARLESTON
Leveraging new technologies, traditional
marketing and established relationships through-out the Charleston
community, along with a targeted marketing strategy
will help to ensure your home finds the right buyer at the right
price in an attractive time frame.
What makes Jane Dowd and Carolina
One Real Estate special? Choose Jane to buy or sell your home?
Selling Your Home
Getting your home
ready to sell
How we can help you sell your home
***Find out more about how we can
customize a marketing plan for your home
Selling or Listing Period -
What to do while your home is for sale
Making the Deal -
An offer has been made by the buyer
What we can do to help you get your home ready to sell:
- Make Your Home "Anonymous"
- Step 1 - Uncluttering the House
- Kitchen clutter -
- Closet - Put those extra
clothes and shoes in a box. Remove items you rarely use.
- Furniture - Rooms need to
appear spacious and too much furniture can make a large room
- Storage - keep these areas as
empty as possible to show potential owners that buyers can
imagine how they would use the space.
- Make Necessary Interior Repairs
- Make sure all the hot and cold
water knobs are easy to turn and that the faucets do not leak
- Sink fixtures should look shiny
- Cost of repairs should be
minimal - we are not talking about remodeling, just making sure
that everything in working order
- Ceilings, Walls and Painting -
Fix a leaky roof and paint the ceiling if it has water stains -
Painting can be your best investment when selling your home.
- Carpet and Flooring - do not
replace your carpet unless it appears old and worn or outdated
in style and color - In most cases you can simply hire a good
- Windows and Doors - Make sure
windows and doors open easily. WD40 often helps. Fix
any cracked window panes.
- Odor Control - Minimize smoking
indoors. Cats - empty kitty litter and use plenty of
baking soda. Dogs - keep dogs outside as much as possible.
You might also try sprinkling carpet freshener on the carpet on
a periodic basis.
- Fixing Up the Outside Of Your
- Is your landscaping at least
average for the neighborhood? If it is not, buy a few bushes and
- If you have an area for flowers,
buy mature colorful flowers and plant them.
- Your lawn should be evenly cut,
freshly edged, well watered, and free of brown spots.
How we can help you sell your home:
- Create A Marketing Plan -
Customized Marketing System to create a personalized selling
program for clients. Its purpose is to sell a home at the best
price possible in the shortest amount of time.
- Advertising program targeted for
local and to out-of-town buyers
- Setting The Price - A key part
of the marketing plan is setting the list price. If a home is
priced too low, it may cost you money. To determine the
best asking price we will review the cost of recently sold
homes, evaluate the competition and study marketplace trends.
Selling Phase -
During Selling Period:
- Home Showing Appointments
- Make sure your home has lots of
- Flowers are a nice touch in the
kitchen and other rooms of the house.
- Soft music
- Protecting Yourself and Your
- Remember for sales signs bring
in buyers. Do not allow children to open doors to
- Make sure your pets are
- Remove any dangerous items.
- Ask for any additional safety
Offer - The
buyer has made an offer
- Making the Deal
- We guide you through this
process. He or she will help you arrive at an acceptable price,
terms and conditions.
- Once an offer has been accepted,
there will be many deadlines to be completed by the seller and
buyer. We can help with the following:
- Home inspections
- Setting up appropriate buyer
- Scheduled deposits
- We will protect your best
interests throughout the entire process.